20110202

Thriftstore Toolbox Finished

Here are some pics of the process and final product of the toolbox project:

Before
The only new hardware installed














The new lining was scraped out with a paint scraper and wiped clean.  I then used some spray adhesive to put the new lining in.  It smells like synthetic leather... pretty terrible, but it looks nice and I figure it will go away eventually. I'm pretty happy with the results.


Original Lining
 
Scraped Clean
New Lining









Cam lock to be cut
















The cam lock also needed to be replaced (so I could actually lock the damn thing).  Using a Dremel I cut out the old shape into the new lock.  All in all, an inexpensive, simple, and satisfying project with a functional product.  Plus, it still has the old rustic look of the original toolbox, which is one of the reasons I like it so much.


After