20110324

A Digital Media Explosion

Well, the end of February and beginning of March certainly kept me away from my creativity time.  Fortunately, now that my employers are all on Spring Break, I've had the chance to work on some music, video, patching, and all kinds of art.

A sample from one of my Glossom collections...
I suggest you try it for at least give it 1 second,
it is interactive and is a unique concept.
My main goal has been to continue to increase my net presence... to I've added quite a few social networking sites to the mix.  Twitter (@iEEEj), Scribd (a site to publish papers), and my personal favorite, Glossom.  This site lets you create a collage of your work (video or picture or text w/ links) in a grid you must conform to.  It is a very interesting concept, and I suggest checking it out if you have any things you want to share on the microwebs.

Additionally, I've been making lots of digital art, both music and video.  I even overloaded my Vimeo upload limit, so I have to wait a week to post "Digital Paint : in 2 movements" (the second video).  So here are a some of the videos that I made over the past few days... I'll give some details after each one.


Fact of Life







This is a sound responsive physical and digital melding. The video is of TriLEDs (LEDs that can output any combination of red, blue, and green). They are controlled by filters that respond to the music being played. There's a little editing at the end, but it was just to keep the piece short.

... Yes there's more; I figure if you're interested I might as well just keep it all on the same page...
Digital Paint:
I.Saturation
II. Fullscreen







This is a long time collaboration with Maximilian Shiffman with both digital video and art. Thus the name Digital Paint : in 2 Movements : I. Saturate & II. Fullscreen. I actually never ran these names by him so I maybe they'll change.
The video was made about a year ago and was mixed by Max (in Jitter) and shot by EJ (mostly feedback loops). The sound was recorded recently and features laptop and Ableton synths/effects. Max announces when the two movements change over :)
The main instrument is a Theremein processed and synths from Max's Ableton patch.


aWaKe 







This is a Jitter self-portrait. I'm using my usual jit.wake manipulation, but am also playing with some hue things. For the most part I'm beginning to find my color pallet... this one's close, but I'm not quite there yet. The music is Eliot Lipp's "Shereton"


D'Fix








This one is from a little longer ago (about a month), but I never posted it to the blog, just Facebook... and Vimeo... and YouTube... so it exists everywhere except here. I'm playing with some more digital feedback with footage from an airplane. The presentation is somewhat sporadic, but so was the creation... so whatever.

Thanks for watching if you actually spent the time to watch my work. Of course, all my videos can be found on Vimeo, my papers on Scribd, my audio on SoundCloud, now all the rest of my art on Glossom.  Also please share links to your work in the comments, I love discovering new art as I'm sure you do as well !!