20110102

New Blog Direction for 2011

So I haven't been using this blog very effectively. I haven't been updating posts on time, and haven't been devoting enough time to my own projects. That said, I'm going to start posting more of my work in this blog on a frequent basis. (cross fingers). I signed up for a Vimeo account that allows 500 mb/week of video upload. So one of my goals is to meet that limit with quality video projects. I'll also be working on rounding out my portfolio, including adding more media to this blog.

Additionally, I'm going to experiment with sharing interesting articles and books I discover. Hopefully I can share some of the resources I've been able to take advantage of. Of course, I'll continue to talk about events and performances that I attend and am a part of.  I've also added a lot of media to past posts, so it may be worth going back to watch some videos, see some pictures, and listen to some samples.

Here's a little sample of more to come:





 
Energy Force from EJ Posselius.


If you're interested in the Jitter patch, it has two main elements.  The camera input has a digital feedback loop (jit.wake) that creates the blurring motion.  The second element is that the image is being mirrored back and forth (jit.invert) creating a push and pull between the light being shown.  I use the jit.wake patch in many of my projects and will describe how it works in future posts.

Happy New Year and good luck with all of your projects!

EJ Posselius

No comments:

Post a Comment